We’re about a month and a half into the New Year. Dry January is over and last week, Valentine’s Day brought us all things chocolatey, sugary, red, pink, and yummy. Maybe your New Year’s resolutions are still going strong! Or maybe, like many of us, your New Year’s resolutions have fallen to the wayside, and Valentine’s Day goodies were the tipping point. (Seriously though, only 9% of people are likely to see their resolutions through to the end of the year, so don’t feel bad if you need to recommit).
New Year’s resolutions can be a great way to kick off the new year. And, it’s not uncommon to fall off the bandwagon by mid-February. In fact, 43% of people give up on their resolutions by February. It’s important not to beat yourself up if you’ve fallen into this category, because you can always make new goals or pick up old ones!
Sabrina Romanoff, Psy.D, says that as a society, “we tend to set resolutions because the New Year serves as a cyclical marker of time during which we re-evaluate and take inventory of our lives.” Goal-setting is a great way to have a time-bound idea of something you want to get done, but we also understand how overwhelming it can be!
So even if your goals have been deprioritized (we know, life is crazy!), you can set new ones or reset the ones you have. Dr. Romanoff gives these tips for setting goals:
- Categorize goals between short-term and long-term
- Find congruence in goals
- Anticipate the obstacles when setting goals
- Be flexible
- Find a way to transform your goals into values
See, setting goals doesn’t have to feel impossible. Just break it down into tangible, bite-sized steps!
Health Goals and Sauna Bathing
Whenever the new year rolls around, health goals are among the most popular. In general, 70% of all goals relate to health! Whether your goals are going strong or you need some help getting back on track, we want you to crush those health goals this year. So here are 5 benefits of sauna bathing and how it can help you win with your health:
- It helps you stay fit: From soothing your sore muscles to giving you an extra boost of endurance, sauna bathing can help you stay on track with your fitness goals.
- It keeps those germs at bay: Sauna bathing can help you fight common illnesses like the cold and flu, and can help give your immune system a little boost.
- It can help you heal: Whether it’s period cramps, muscle spasms, fibromyalgia, insomnia—the list goes on—sauna bathing can help you experience relief!
- It helps release toxins: While Valentine’s Day brought all the yummy goodness, sauna bathing can help your body detox from all that sugar! It helps your body release toxins and gives you natural anti-inflammatory benefits—all while burning those calories.
- It promotes skin health: Improving your skin’s tone and elasticity, sauna bathing can give you relief from eczema, psoriasis, scars, stretch marks, and more. Talk about a glow up!
There are so many more benefits to sauna bathing than what’s listed here, but these are some of the highlights! The overall goal here at The Sweat Shack is to help you experience true health and restoration of your spirit, soul, and body. If you’re ready to step in, book your first session now.